Monday, December 10, 2007











ok, so tim tebow won the heisman. first sophomore ever to win. sure, he probably deserves it. but lets keep things in perspective. back in the day, say 1980 and 1981, there was an unwritten rule among the voters that couldn't/wouldn't vote for an underclassman. I guess I'm glad that the rule no longer exists, but I can't help but to think that Herschel Walker would have won every year that he was in college. He still garnered enough votes to finish 3rd after his freshman year and definitely should have won his sophomore year, when he finished 2nd. He finally won in 1982, and I'm positive that if he played his senior year he would have won again, easily. Anyway, this is the normal rant I give every year about nobody measuring up to Herschel, but damn, its true. The guy is always listed as one of the top 3 college football players ever, often first. pure dominance.

No comments: